Senior Hardware Product Engineer
You will report to your Team Lead and work closely with the Product, DevOps and Sales teams.
In this role you will deliver vision based AI hardware solutions to customers. From the moment a customer decides to partner up with Robovision, you will be responsible for all hardware related topics. Next to project related tasks, you will be the driving force behind our vision lab bringing it to the next level.
- You translate customer requirements into an (vision based) hardware setup
- You propose several hardware concepts & designs during prototyping phase
- You build an innovation-based hardware suppliers portfolio
- You install the hardware setup on-site at the customer location or give support and advise to the end customer
- You actively share your knowledge with colleagues
- You manage the Robovision design lab
- You are inquisitive: you ask yourself and others the correct questions and don't assume too easily that everything will work
- You think methodically, are well organized, conscientious and follow a clear product design process.
- You have a hands-on mentality and love to design the ideal vision setup from early prototype to finished product.
- You have a great feeling of ownership and an entrepreneurial mindset, you want to continuously improve our design lab's operations
- You are creative, have attention for details and are able to prioritize work correctly
- You are practically oriented: you have ideas and can turn them into something real
- You are persistent in achieving your objectives and finding solutions.
- You should be able to select well chosen sub tasks and manage a small team
- You can take the lead in customer communication and interactions related to product design.
- Master/PhD in Engineering/Electronics/IT or similar based upon experience
- You have a basic knowledge of a number of programming languages: Python, C/C++,C#?
- Fast prototyping is what drives you. You like to help presales and
project engineers in realizing their image acquisition setup and create
the needed 3D visualizations and detailed design documentation.
- You are curious and highly interested in the latest advances in sensor technology (2D, 3D and smart cameras), optics, IT, embedded hardware, compute hardware and SoC. You create an up to date knowledge base on these topics through conferences, self study and supplier contact
- Knowledge about databases (postgreSQL, mySQL,...) and containerized environments (docker, kubernetes,...) is a plus.
- Basic machine learning experience is a plus (Tensorflow, Pytorch, JAX,...). You followed or are interested in following at least one course in the domain of Machine Learning (machine learning, artificial intelligence, neural networks, …).
- You have or want to learn the needed mechanical engineering expertise involved in the design of vision products.
- You have a basic knowledge of image processing techniques to fine tune your hardware setups
- a competitive salary & benefits according to the job requirements and your experience.
- a dynamic high-tech environment where initiative and strong hands-on mentality are valued.
- a young and open company culture where we focus on communication, partnership and team building activities.
- the ability to develop yourself by spending 10% of your time on “RoboTime”, in which Robovision allows colleagues to work on own proposed subjects