Director Professional Services
Robovision is a Ghent-based scale-up that develops software to apply vision-based Artificial Intelligence in many challenging environments, without a single line of code. At Robovision we are growing fast and always looking for new talent to help further develop our product and markets. Robovision is currently active in Agriculture, Manufacturing, Food, Retail, Security, Medical and Smart Cities. In our mission to democratize AI, we keep our core values close: ownership, efficiency and share to grow.
We are looking for an Director Professional Services to join our Professional Services team.
The Robovision Professional Services team is responsible for delivering state of the art AI solutions/projects to our clients. A solution consists of a Deep Learning element, which is a configuration of our software package, and a hardware element, which has both an optical (cameras, lighting) and computational (edge devices, servers, cloud) aspect. As Director Professional Services you have end-responsibility on the delivery of AI solutions to customers. You do this together with 5 Data Science Teams, each comprising of a Data Science Team Lead and multiple Data Scientists. In your role you also work closely together with the Sales, Product and DevOps Teams. You report to the CFO.
- Follow-up on status of projects with the Data Science Team Leads and report to the Management
- Support the Data Science Team Leads with handling of escalations
- Act a project sponsor on SteerCo's with customers
- Take action to continuously improve Professional Services (Eg: process improvement, project quality surveys, training,...)
- Own and manage the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process. In this process demand for project resources are matched with an attainable and agreed planning. If needed budget for new hires is requested to the Management.
- Coordinate the hiring of new Professional Services colleagues
- Coaching of the Data Science Team Leads and ensuring engagement of all Professional Services colleagues
- Manage the relationship between the other teams within Robovision to ensure an optimal working of the Professional Services team
- University Master's degree or similar based upon experience
- Minimum 10 years of professional working experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Program Management, with a focus on delivery to external customers
- Experience in leading teams and coaching of individuals
- Experience with running an operation, including continuous improvement of ways of working
- Solid verbal and written communication skills (in English)
- Solid stakeholder management skills (including externally with customers, suppliers,...)
- You have the ability to abstract and structure complex problems
- Tech savviness is a must
- Eagerness to learn
- Excellent resource planning and task scheduling skills
- Experience in Machine Learning or Consulting are a plus
- Experience in delivering IT-based projects is a plus
- The opportunity to work in a dynamic high tech environment where initiative and strong hands-on mentality are absolutely valued
- A young, vibrant and open company culture
- An attractive compensation package