Data Science Project Manager
Robovision is a Ghent-based scale-up that develops software to apply vision-based Artificial Intelligence in many challenging environments, without a single line of code. At Robovision we are growing fast and always looking for new talent to help further develop our product and markets. Robovision is currently active in Agriculture, Manufacturing, Food, Retail, Security, Medical and Smart Cities. In our mission to democratize AI, we keep our core values close: ownership, efficiency and share to grow.
We are looking for a Data Science Project Manager to join our Professional Services team.
The Robovision Professional Services team is responsible for delivering state of the art AI solutions/projects to our clients. A solution consists of a Deep Learning element, which is a configuration of our software package, and a hardware element, which has both an optical (cameras, lighting) and computational (edge devices, servers, cloud) aspect. As a Data Science Project Manager you are responsible for delivering multiple projects in parallel to multiple clients. You do this together with a team of Project Engineers (Data Scientists) of which you also act as team lead.
In your role you also work closely together with other Data Science Project Managers and Project Teams, the (Pre-)Sales team, the R&D team and the DevOps team. You report to the Director Professional Services.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors in the delivery of projects
- Deliver projects in time, quality, scope & cost
- Communicate/report on your projects with relevant stakeholders
- Support Sales with inputs for and critical review of quotes
- Actively coach Project Engineers during projects and in their personal development trajectory
- Work together with the other Data Science Project Managers and the Director Professional Services to grow the Professional Services organization and execute its strategy
- Continuously improve internal procedures, processes and methodologies
- University Master's degree or similar based upon experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in project management, with a focus on delivery to external customers
- Experience in leading teams and coaching of individuals
- Solid verbal and written communication skills (in English)
- Solid stakeholder management skills (including externally with customers, suppliers,...)
- You have the ability to abstract and structure complex problems
- Tech savviness is a must
- Eagerness to learn
- Excellent resource planning and task scheduling skills
- Experience in Machine Learning or Consulting are a plus
- Experience in delivering IT-based projects is a plus
- The opportunity to work in a dynamic high tech environment where initiative and strong hands-on mentality are absolutely valued
- A young, vibrant and open company culture
- An attractive compensation package